Fundnel Spotlight • 24 April 2020
Hear from a Southeast Asian A-list team of guests on why sustainability investing and innovation will survive the hype cycle.
There are two camps on sustainability. Some loathe the overhyped word while others have their money on the promising future it paints.
To address this, we recently brought together a Southeast Asian A-team of guests to share their perspectives on why sustainability investing and innovation will survive the hype cycle:
- John Friedman, Director, AgFunder Asia
- Adi Reza Nugroho, CEO & Co-founder, Mycotech
- Sandhya Sriram, CEO & Founder, Shiok Meats
- Jessie Tong, Senior Manager, Venture Investing, SGInnovate
Carlos Camacho, our Head of Investments Development navigated the hour with a variety of hard-nosed questions and discussed with our guests:
- What drove the need for the founding of Shiok Meats and Mycotech
- How sustainable and competitive bio-engineered "leather" is compared to the real deal
- The consumer concern around the ethics of lab-grown or cell-based meats
- Why investors like AgFunder have been bullish on sustainability since 2013
- How investors, scientists, researchers and policymakers came together to drive growth in the space within the last 18-24 months